PDRE UCR AMSA
We want to advance our mission of promoting healthier lives and assist in reducing the morbidity and mortality of cardiovascular diseases and stroke through evidenced-based learning and professional education as per the most current AHA guidelines and recommendations.
Our Core Values
- Commitment to uphold a culture of excellence, honesty, fairness, openness, assistance, trust, respect, accountability, and integrity
- Advance our mission of promoting healthier lives and assist in reducing the morbidity and mortality of cardiovascular diseases and stroke through evidenced-based learning and professional education as per the most current American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines and recommendations
- Uphold our company motto: “Enhancing, extending, and saving the lives of people by encouraging passionate and caring commitment” while bringing AHA science teaching and learning to life
- Communicating with a honest and inspiring voice to make an extraordinary impact in individuals and communities
Our Company Code of Ethics
Palm Desert Resuscitation Education employees must understand, support and participate the following code of ethics:
- Diligently ensure fairness with PDRE and AHA customers, employees, volunteers, suppliers, and competitors
- Offer information that is truthful, entirely objective, appropriate, timely, and clear
- Preserve complete confidentiality of information delegated to them by the PDRE, AHA or its customers except when otherwise legally obligated to disclose
- Consistently endorse ethical and accountable behavior as a responsible associate among peers in the work environment
- Be sincere and just in their conduct, including ethical handling of conflicts of interests between personal and professional relationships
- Safeguard the proper use of company assets
- Assume obligation for avoiding, identifying, and reporting all types of fraud
- Conform with applicable government laws, rules and regulations
Our People – Meet Our Team
PDRE is steadfast in maintaining a positive and respectful work environment that values diversity among its constituents and upholding our company code of ethics and core values, where everyone has the chance to reach their peak potential.
We will regularly request feedback from our employees, customers, and volunteers to assess how we are living up to our code of ethics and core values.
Our constituents are given all of the opportunities to succeed in a foundation based on our non-discrimination policy. We prohibit discrimination against and harassment of any employee, any applicant for employment, customers, and volunteers because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or other merit and non-merit criteria.
Our teams of dedicated professionals are experienced American Heart Association (AHA) and healthcare instructors and educators holding varying advanced medical degrees ranging from doctor of medicine (MD), registered nurse (RN), emergency medical technician (EMT), respiratory therapist (RT), and other clinically pertinent healthcare qualifications.
Here are some of PDRE’s talented instructors and educators:
Ryan Nuqui, MD
Owner & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Owner & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
AHA Regional Faculty, State of California (CA) and Nevada (NV)
A Leader in Multidisciplinary American Heart Association (AHA) Education, Development, and Regulation: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS)
Dr. Nuqui is passionate in providing professional and enjoyable AHA accredited instructional classes to observe, assess, evaluate, and coach students from the most experienced healthcare providers to the novice lay rescuers.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Dr. Nuqui has always aspired to be an MD and then eventually start medically relevant business ventures and be a part-time healthcare educator. He is still currently involved in some clinical and non-clinical associations in outpatient medical settings in Palm Desert, Redlands, Hemet, and Claremont, CA as an associate clinical administrator and chief super-user/IT for one of the company’s electronic health record programs. In addition, he is presently a part-time medical faculty member/staff at Santa Barbara Business (SBB) College in the Rancho Mirage, CA site teaching medical and clinical courses in the evening.
- Peggy Revetto, RN, BAEDUCATION: Peggy Revetto is a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with a Baccalaureate Degree in Career & Technical Education/Studies. Her California Teaching Credential is in Health Science & Medical Technology. She also has a Director Staff Development (DSD) Certification.
WORK HIGHLIGHTS: Peggy has many years of clinical nursing experience from 1986 to 2002, which include employment as a RN Triage-Nurse Advice Unit, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor, and RN Charge Nurse in different hospital institutions, health centers, long-term care facilities, and medical groups. She was a nurse assistant instructor at CRY-ROP-Redlands providing skills training to student nurse assistants from 2002 to 2014. She then became the Director of Staff Development at Manor Care in Palm Desert, CA for about one year. Currently, she is a Vocational Nursing Program Manager at Santa Barbara Business (SBB) College in the Rancho Mirage Campus.
- Heather Benitez, RCP, CRTEDUCATION: Mrs. Heather Benitez is a licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) and Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT). She attended California Paramedical and Technical College from 1994 to 1996.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Her employment as a RCP and CRT include JFK Memorial Hospital in Indio, CA from 1997 to 1998; Hoag (health network) in Orange County, CA from 1998 to 2002; Fountain Valley Regional Hospital in Fountain Valley, CA from 1999 to 2002; Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center (MemorialCare Health System) in Fountain Valley, CA from and 2002 to 2004; and currently is employed at St. Joseph’s Hospital of Orange in Orange County, CA since 2001. She is in an American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor and teaches all disciplines from Basic Life Support (BLS) and First Aid to Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Chiedozie Ohiaeri, RCPEDUCATION: After graduating from a respiratory therapist training program, Mr. Chiedozie Ohiaeri has had an extensive experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) at numerous hospital health systems.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: If he is not working as a licensed respiratory therapist, he is offering American Heart Association (AHA) courses in Basic Life Support (BLS), First Aid, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Joe L. Mendivil, RCPEDUCATION: Mr. Joe L. Mendivil, RCP is a licensed Respiratory Therapist with a vast knowledge of respiratory care and pulmonary diagnostic procedures with over 24 years’ experience in Critical Care transports, and 34 years in the Respiratory Field. Over the course of his career, he has worked in the ICU, Respiratory Rehab facilities, Pediatrics, and PFT’s. Since 2011, he has been an American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor providing courses in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Mr. Mendivil is presently a Transport CCT/RT Ventilator for RN to Go Transport Service in Downey, CA since 2013 in addition to currently working at New Orange Hills in Tustin, CA since 2014 assisting in ventilator patient care and also offering respiratory rehabilitation and at Tustin Rehab/Health South in Tustin, CA since 2012. He is moreover the Owner and Founder of CPR 4 Living Life in the Inland Empire, CA and is an AHA BLS, ACLS, and PALS instructor at RCPALS in Anaheim, CA since 2011. He has numerous experiences in many clinical and medical institutions such as being a CCT and RT only Ventilator transports at Bowers/Pacific Ambulance in Lake Forest, CA and finally a Respiratory Therapist employed at the American Medical Response Ambulance in the cities of Carson and Orange as well as in many Los Angeles Counties, Chapman Medical Center in Orange, CA, and Fountain Valley Hospital in Fountain Valley, CA.
Joining our exceptional PDRE family in the coming months:
- Julio Alfaro, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Alfaro finished his Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree at the Universidad de El Salvador in El Salvador, San Salvador on 2003. He was a licensed practicing Emergency Medicine Physician for a couple of years in El Salvador, San Salvador.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Dr. Alfaro has about 10 years of experience as a medical and clinical educator teaching anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, healthcare communication, healthcare law and ethics, public health, phlebotomy and hematology, medical office procedure, and Basic Life Support (BLS) and First Aid by the American Heart Association (AHA). He is PDRE’s main Spanish AHA instructor for the Basic Life Support (BLS), Heartsaver CPR, AED use, and First Aid classes, which he teaches with the goal of creating a positive learning environment.
- Aaron Smith, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Aaron Smith is a PGY-3 Internal Medicine Resident at Nassau University Medical Center in Long Island, NY. He graduated from Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) on June 2013.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Once he completes his licensure and board certification in Internal Medicine (IM), he plans to be an Internist at a local hospital in downtown Manhattan, New York. Since he also enjoys admitting and treating patients in the emergency department and working with acutely ill patients, he will be a part-time American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS and PALS instructor at PDRE when he affords the time to visit his family and friends in California.
- Harsharandeep “Harry” S. Sanghera, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Harry Sanghera completed his Bachelor of Science Degree in Biotechnology with a minor in Chemistry, emphasis in Business at the California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California from 2005 to 2008. Subsequently, he obtained his Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree from Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherlands Antilles on May 2012. He is presently a PGY-3 resident in Internal Medicine at New Hanover Regional Medical Center/Internal Medicine Residency in Wilmington, NC.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: He wants to provide excellent care in internal medicine using a thirst for knowledge, efficiency, and dedication. He is currently searching for a Hospitalist position in Southern California close to where he grew up and will be a part-time American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS and PALS instructor at PDRE.
- Justin Underwood, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Justin Underwood received a Bachelors of Business Administration from National University in the spring of 2001. He eventually went to medical school at All Saints University School of Medicine in Dominica and received his Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree in the fall of 2013. He is also continuing his medical education with a Masters of Science Clinical Research Administration at Walden University.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: He is a Marine veteran and has an interest in all sciences but the life sciences took hold of him at a young age. He has been an American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor for at least 3 years now and teaches all disciplines from Basic Life Support (BLS) and First Aid to Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). If he is not teaching you will find him either at the beach watching his kids surf or following their sports, which normally always revolve around water.
- Sunita Patil, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Sunita Patil graduated from Karnataka Institute of Medical Science in Hubli, India and then completed medical residency in Anesthesiology. She has completed all of her United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLEs) and is certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: She practiced for 3 years as a licensed attending in Anesthesiology in Hubli, India at the same hospital institution where she completed her medical residency. She is passionate about teaching and loves to paint, cook, travel, and listen to Indian music.
- Nicolas Milligan, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Nicolas Milligan has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology from the University of California, Davis. He then attended St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, MS from 2006 to 2009.
WORK HIGHLIGHTS: He is interested in primary care medicine and developing community outreach programs that address medical care shortages. This has been his focus since graduating from medical school. He is also interested in research, bioinformatics, electronic health record development and training, and teaching.
Our AHA ACLS instructor, Dr. Nuqui, was very knowledgeable, experienced, supportive, and entertaining. Most of all, I really appreciated how well organized and engaging the initial provider course was conducted in a pleasant and comfortable learning environment. Not only was the training site facility brand-new but everything from the student materials, training AEDs, intubation equipment and manikins were up-to-date and in excellent condition.
I was very impressed with how professional and enjoyable my ACLS and PALS renewal classes were at Palm Desert Resuscitation Education! As an emergency medicine registered nurse working at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, I wanted to be educated with the most commonly seen cardiac arrhythmias and their treatment but also needed classes that were attention grabbing and fun. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education instructors definitely kept my attention during the lengthy courses by having a balanced sense of humor, pertinent and brilliant instructions, and excellent case scenario discussions.
I highly recommend this training facility as your go-to CPR certification site for your healthcare job because Dr. Nuqui is not only passionate about saving lives but is awesome when it comes to teaching you the proper techniques of resuscitation including compressions, airway management, and defibrillator use. He shares his medical and teaching experiences while making you feel relaxed, stimulated, and well informed with the current AHA guidelines. He taught me exactly what I needed to know to be ready when cardiac arrest happens.
During my Basic Life Support (BLS) class, I was given all of the necessary skills to be confident and not be afraid if ever one of my patients or family members collapses due to a heart condition, such as a heart attack. PDRE’s instructors and staff provide a very friendly, informative, humorous, interesting, and stress-free class that makes me want to personally refer all of my friends and family to do their CPR training at PDRE. Do not hesitate to try the best American Heart Association courses in the Desert Cities!
As an elementary teacher who needed to be responsible for many students, I wanted to learn first aid basics and CPR in case I encounter a time when one of my students may either be choking, bleeding, seizes, faints, breaks a bone, sprains a muscle, becomes allergic, passes out, and experiences other first aid emergencies. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education’s first aid basics and CPR classroom course, which were held in our elementary school, was the perfect out-of-site learning setting to practice first aid basics and CPR for medical and injury emergencies. All of the staff and school employees are truly thankful and now self-assured to be able to provide possible practical first aid basics and CPR to our students, associates, friends or relatives. From my experience, Palm Desert Resuscitation Education quite honestly has the greatest, most efficient and personable instructors teaching top-of-the-line healthcare certification courses.
Dr. Nuqui and his staff were truly amazing when I needed my BLS certification for my personal training business. He was very efficient and thorough with all of the course content and materials including the new guideline changes so that we are all up-to-date when it comes to performing effective CPR and step-by-step use of an AED. It was very easy to listen to him because he is not only a great instructor but is outgoing and personable. He really made the class enjoyable and easy to understand. I would definitely go back here for my BLS recertification.
Being a member of an exclusive golf club in the Palm Springs area, I was surprised by how much I learned in adult CPR and AED use, first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, and environmental emergencies during an exciting and educational course held by Dr. Nuqui and other instructors in our private Club House. You never know when someone needs help, especially when we are out in the golf course, and those minutes before the first responders get to our location can be vital. Thus, those important medical techniques that Dr. Nuqui presented to us clearly could possibly save one of our participant’s lives. I now feel very comfortable that our golf club members were trained the proper way and can respond to almost any medical emergency.