Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Your CPR MD
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
The Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals, non-healthcare professionals, and lay people the ability to use an AED in a timely and effective manner, to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, and lecture on providing CPR (didactics only).
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with their AED skills practice and skills testing including a review of their current on-site AED(s).
- This course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals, non-healthcare professionals, and lay people the ability to use an AED in a timely and effective manner, to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, and lecture on providing CPR (didactics only).
- Lecture and hands-on based course ensures consistency and learning of psychomotor skills and techniques
- Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Updated Science based content
- How to use an AED
- Making sure the scene is safe
- Turning it on
- Connecting the wires and AED pads correctly
- Pad placements in different body types
- Learning how to switch roles if applicable during the analyzing of the AED
- Continuous CPR while charging of the AED
- Clearing the patient/victim before pressing the shock button
- Immediate continuation of CPR after the AED delivers a shock
- Contraindications or Special Circumstances
- Clearing the torso for proper AED pad placements and efficacy
- Environmental hazards to watch out for when using an AED
- Cautionary guidelines when an individual in cardiac arrest has an implantable Automated Internal Cardiac Defibrillator (AICD) or a dual pacemaker/defibrillator
- Specific adjunct tools and equipment needed for using the AED
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (Didactics and Summary Only)
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- This is class is conducted all as a classroom-based course.
- Course Length:
- Requires approximately 1.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
Please call us to sign up for your classroom-based or out-of-site testing and evaluation for your medical and clinical team!
Our AHA ACLS instructor, Dr. Nuqui, was very knowledgeable, experienced, supportive, and entertaining. Most of all, I really appreciated how well organized and engaging the initial provider course was conducted in a pleasant and comfortable learning environment. Not only was the training site facility brand-new but everything from the student materials, training AEDs, intubation equipment and manikins were up-to-date and in excellent condition.
I was very impressed with how professional and enjoyable my ACLS and PALS renewal classes were at Palm Desert Resuscitation Education! As an emergency medicine registered nurse working at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, I wanted to be educated with the most commonly seen cardiac arrhythmias and their treatment but also needed classes that were attention grabbing and fun. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education instructors definitely kept my attention during the lengthy courses by having a balanced sense of humor, pertinent and brilliant instructions, and excellent case scenario discussions.
I highly recommend this training facility as your go-to CPR certification site for your healthcare job because Dr. Nuqui is not only passionate about saving lives but is awesome when it comes to teaching you the proper techniques of resuscitation including compressions, airway management, and defibrillator use. He shares his medical and teaching experiences while making you feel relaxed, stimulated, and well informed with the current AHA guidelines. He taught me exactly what I needed to know to be ready when cardiac arrest happens.
During my Basic Life Support (BLS) class, I was given all of the necessary skills to be confident and not be afraid if ever one of my patients or family members collapses due to a heart condition, such as a heart attack. PDRE’s instructors and staff provide a very friendly, informative, humorous, interesting, and stress-free class that makes me want to personally refer all of my friends and family to do their CPR training at PDRE. Do not hesitate to try the best American Heart Association courses in the Desert Cities!
As an elementary teacher who needed to be responsible for many students, I wanted to learn first aid basics and CPR in case I encounter a time when one of my students may either be choking, bleeding, seizes, faints, breaks a bone, sprains a muscle, becomes allergic, passes out, and experiences other first aid emergencies. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education’s first aid basics and CPR classroom course, which were held in our elementary school, was the perfect out-of-site learning setting to practice first aid basics and CPR for medical and injury emergencies. All of the staff and school employees are truly thankful and now self-assured to be able to provide possible practical first aid basics and CPR to our students, associates, friends or relatives. From my experience, Palm Desert Resuscitation Education quite honestly has the greatest, most efficient and personable instructors teaching top-of-the-line healthcare certification courses.
Dr. Nuqui and his staff were truly amazing when I needed my BLS certification for my personal training business. He was very efficient and thorough with all of the course content and materials including the new guideline changes so that we are all up-to-date when it comes to performing effective CPR and step-by-step use of an AED. It was very easy to listen to him because he is not only a great instructor but is outgoing and personable. He really made the class enjoyable and easy to understand. I would definitely go back here for my BLS recertification.
Being a member of an exclusive golf club in the Palm Springs area, I was surprised by how much I learned in adult CPR and AED use, first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, and environmental emergencies during an exciting and educational course held by Dr. Nuqui and other instructors in our private Club House. You never know when someone needs help, especially when we are out in the golf course, and those minutes before the first responders get to our location can be vital. Thus, those important medical techniques that Dr. Nuqui presented to us clearly could possibly save one of our participant’s lives. I now feel very comfortable that our golf club members were trained the proper way and can respond to almost any medical emergency.
PDRE DISCOUNT & SPECIAL!
- “Buy TWO advance courses (ACLS and PALS) for $199 each or buy THREE core courses for $349 (applies to all AHA and AAP NRP online and classroom courses”
- The special offer includes the materials needed for the courses including the AHA eCard course certificate of completion.
- The special offer does not include the provider manuals for the respective courses.
- Rules and regulations of this special offer are subject to change without prior notice.
- Only applies to PDRE LLC customers and cannot be combined with any other coupons or discounts.
PDRE Pricing And Purchasing Options
Authorized American Heart Association training site
Check out our full listing of classroom-based and online courses as well as other services and products that PDRE offers. Find full details and purchase options. We thank you for selecting PDRE as your preferred authorized AHA training site in Southern California.