Our People – Meet Our Team
PDRE is steadfast in maintaining a positive and respectful work environment that values diversity among its constituents and upholding our company code of ethics and core values, where everyone has the chance to reach their peak potential.
We will regularly request feedback from our employees, customers, and volunteers to assess how we are living up to our code of ethics and core values.
Our constituents are given all of the opportunities to succeed in a foundation based on our non-discrimination policy. We prohibit discrimination against and harassment of any employee, any applicant for employment, customers, and volunteers because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or other merit and non-merit criteria.
Our teams of dedicated professionals are experienced American Heart Association (AHA) and healthcare instructors and educators holding varying advanced medical degrees ranging from doctor of medicine (MD), registered nurse (RN), emergency medical technician (EMT), respiratory therapist (RT), and other clinically pertinent healthcare qualifications.
Here are some of PDRE’s talented instructors and educators:
Ryan Nuqui, MD
Owner & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
AHA Regional Faculty, State of California (CA) and Nevada (NV)
A Leader in Multidisciplinary American Heart Association (AHA) Education, Development, and Regulation: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
In addition, he is also an American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Instructor Mentor, a STABLE Instructor, and instructor of other advanced healthcare courses.
Dr. Nuqui is passionate in providing professional and enjoyable AHA, AAP, and other authorized and accredited instructional healthcare/non-healthcare classes, courses, seminars, and continuing medical education to observe, assess, evaluate, and coach students from the most experienced healthcare providers to the novice lay rescuers.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Dr. Nuqui has always aspired to be an MD and then eventually start medically relevant business ventures, such as the acclaimed Intravenous (IV) Hydration Therapy and Wellness Clinic Replenish 360 A Division of PDRE LLC (R360), and be a part-time healthcare educator. He is also the Owner & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Palm Desert Resuscitation Education LLC (PDRE LLC), an AHA Regional Faculty for the State of California (CA) and Nevada (NV), and a Leader in Multidisciplinary American Heart Association (AHA) Education, Development, and Regulation in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). In addition, he is also an American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Instructor Mentor, a STABLE Instructor, and instructor of other advanced healthcare courses. He is still currently involved in some clinical and non-clinical associations in outpatient medical settings in Palm Desert, Redlands, Hemet, Rancho Cucamonga, Lake Forest, and Claremont, CA providing support to successfully grow medical groups and independent physician associations (IPAs) in Psychiatry and Internal Medicine as an associate clinical administrator, manager and chief super-user/IT for some of the company’s electronic health record programs. As a businessman and entrepreneur, Dr. Nuqui is also the Founder, Medical Director, and CEO for Southern California Nursing Academy, Inc. in Palm Desert, CA and currently has future projects in other health and wellness related companies, such as those in intravenous hydration therapy and anti-aging programs in facial aesthetics and cosmetics. He is Replenish 360’s Founder and CEO as well as Allure A Medically Directed Spa’s Co-Founder, CEO, and Administrator/Manager.
- Khadija Hamisi, MSN, PMHNP-BC, PMH, BSN, RNEDUCATION: Ms. Khadija Hamisi received her Associate of Arts Degree at Riverside Community College (RCC) in San Bernardino, CA in 2003 and then went to complete her Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at California State University San Bernardino (CSUSB) in 2006. She then went on to finish her Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at California State University Long Beach in 2010. WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Khadija Hamisi is an advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner with over 2000 clinical hours. She received her clinical training and skills from Orange County Pacific Clinics and the VA Hospital Loma Linda. Her aim is to provide continuous comprehensive services to promote and maintain physical and mental health. She has collaborated with physicians to plan and implement patient care as well as assisted in implementation of new patient discharge follow up system that resulted in improved continuity of care. In addition, she is a Court Appointed Special Advocate for children in 2003. She is energetic, outgoing and a team player with a very strong desire to work with clients.In the past she has been an Assistant Nurse Manager at Riverside County Regional Medical Center (RCMC) in Riverside, CA; RN in the Geriatric Unit at Loma Linda Behavioral Center at Loma Linda, CA; RN in the Med/Surge/ICU at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, CA; and RN at County of Orange Health Care Agency.Currently, she works at Borrego Community Health FND since July 2014 and Inland Psychiatric Medical Group, Inc. (IPMG) since August 2013 as a Registered Nurse Practitioner. In addition, she is the President and RN Program Director of Southern California Nursing Academy, Inc., which is an affiliate of Palm Desert Resuscitation Education LLC (PDRE).
- Nathaniel Garcia, EMT-PEDUCATION: Nathaniel completed his Associate’s Degree in Emergency Services on December 2010 and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration on June 2011 from Pacific Union College (PUC). Subsequently, he pursed his Associate’s Degree in Paramedic Studies and graduated on May 2015 from Ventura College. WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: As an EMT at the MedReach Ambulance Company from 2010 to 2011, he was a partner to one of the 3 FTOs and assisted with training new employees. He then became an Ambulance Operator and served for almost 3 years in the Glendale Fire Department with gaining experience in serving a diverse community. Currently he is a Paramedic at the American Medical Response (AMR) in the Redlands Division. As an instructor for Palm Desert Resuscitation Education, he will be providing American Heart Association (AHA) courses in First Aid, Basic Life Support (BLS) and other Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) courses. He wants to make a difference in his community, render aide to all who call, and provide a future for generations to come serving as a Firefighter Paramedic.
- Joshua Northrup, EMT-P, EMT/Paramedic InstructorEDUCATION: On 2010, Joshua received his Paramedic Studies Associate’s Degree at EMSTA College in Santee, CA and has been working as a Paramedic in Southern California since graduating. He is also a BLS, ACLS, and PALS Instructor and Provider. In addition, he has a cleared teaching credential in California for Adult Education (Health Occupations). WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Joshua has spent his entire career in the emergency medical field and has worked in and out of the hospital setting as well as taught in the classroom setting. From 2010 to 2012, He became an EMT/Safety Officer at La Costa Glen in Carlsbad, CA and was responsible for all aspects of life and safety for a resident population of almost 1,000 residents and 600+ employees; he spear-headed medical training of a department of EMTs, Paramedics and Registered Nurses; and he was also responsible for Disaster Preparedness for the entire community. As an EMT Instructor from 2010 to 2016 at Grossmont Health Occupations Center in Santee, CA, he lectured EMT classes, proctored NREMT skills tests, coordinated all clinical and field shifts for EMT courses, and revamped all disaster preparedness policies/procedures and equipment for the campus of 20+ classrooms. Presently, he is an EMT/Paramedic Instructor at EMSTA College in Santee, CA where he lectures EMT and Paramedic classes, proctors NREMT skills tests, coordinates all clinical and field shifts for 18-20 EMT programs/yr, and manages staffing for EMT and EMT Refresher courses. Since relocating to Redlands, CA from San Diego, Joshua will be a part-time instructor teaching BLS, ACLS, and PALS and brings to Palm Desert Resuscitation Education a wealth of experience in emergency medical field.
- Shin Kang, EMT, Firefighter, and EMT InstructorEDUCATION: Mr. Kang has Associate Degrees in Fire Technology and Licensed Vocational Nursing including Emergency Medical Technician, Fire Fighter, and Licensed Vocational Nursing Certificates. WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: With 14 years of emergency medical service (EMS) and 4 years firefighting experience, Mr. Kang is dedicated in his passion as an Emergency Medical Technician and Public Safety Officer Supervisor at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, CA and volunteers his time as a Firefighter at the Fire Station #86 in Indio, CA. Moreover, he is a current EMS instructor at College of the Desert (COD) in Palm Desert, CA since September 2015. At Palm Desert Resuscitation Education, Mr. Kang is a part-time BLS instructor and is securing a position as a Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) instructor to utilize his EMS, communication, and leadership skills.
- Thomas Gill, Law Enforcement and Security Guard InstructorEDUCATION: Mr. Thomas Gill has been in the army and law enforcement for many years. He has advance knowledge and training in numerous fields. He went to school for his Bachelor Degree in Sociology at the University of Texas (UT) at Tyler and went on to pursue a career in Law Enforcement for his post-certification. He also studied Cultural Difference and Kung Fu in China for sometime. WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Mr. Gill not only has Law Enforcement Credentials but he is a master instructor in NRA Firearms, Law Enforcement Firearms, DOJ, Anti-Terrorism, and Security Gaurd. Moreover, he is a licensed Childcare Provider in mental health, Certified Reflexologist, PMAB Instructor, and Tui Tu Chi Instructor for over 30 years. As far as his affiliation with Palm Desert Resuscitation Education, he is the manager and head instructor for Professional Security Academy (PSA) in Palm Desert, CA where he teaches American Heart Association (AHA) First Aid and Basic Life Support (BLS). His interests are many but he enjoys shooting, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, and Kung Fu..
- Peggy Revetto, RN, BAEDUCATION: Peggy Revetto is a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with a Baccalaureate Degree in Career & Technical Education/Studies. Her California Teaching Credential is in Health Science & Medical Technology. She also has a Director Staff Development (DSD) Certification.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Peggy has many years of clinical nursing experience from 1986 to 2002, which include employment as a RN Triage-Nurse Advice Unit, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor, and RN Charge Nurse in different hospital institutions, health centers, long-term care facilities, and medical groups. She was a nurse assistant instructor at CRY-ROP-Redlands providing skills training to student nurse assistants from 2002 to 2014. She then became the Director of Staff Development at Manor Care in Palm Desert, CA for about one year. Currently, she is a Vocational Nursing Program Manager at Santa Barbara Business (SBB) College in the Rancho Mirage Campus.
- Heather Benitez, RCP, CRTEDUCATION: Mrs. Heather Benitez is a licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) and Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT). She attended California Paramedical and Technical College from 1994 to 1996.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Her employment as a RCP and CRT include JFK Memorial Hospital in Indio, CA from 1997 to 1998; Hoag (health network) in Orange County, CA from 1998 to 2002; Fountain Valley Regional Hospital in Fountain Valley, CA from 1999 to 2002; Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center (MemorialCare Health System) in Fountain Valley, CA from and 2002 to 2004; and currently is employed at St. Joseph’s Hospital of Orange in Orange County, CA since 2001. She is in an American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor and teaches all disciplines from Basic Life Support (BLS) and First Aid to Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Chiedozie Ohiaeri, RCPEDUCATION: After graduating from a respiratory therapist training program, Mr. Chiedozie Ohiaeri has had an extensive experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) at numerous hospital health systems.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: If he is not working as a licensed respiratory therapist, he is offering American Heart Association (AHA) courses in Basic Life Support (BLS), First Aid, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Joe L. Mendivil, RCPEDUCATION: Mr. Joe L. Mendivil, RCP is a licensed Respiratory Therapist with a vast knowledge of respiratory care and pulmonary diagnostic procedures with over 24 years’ experience in Critical Care transports, and 34 years in the Respiratory Field. Over the course of his career, he has worked in the ICU, Respiratory Rehab facilities, Pediatrics, and PFT’s. Since 2011, he has been an American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor providing courses in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Mr. Mendivil is presently a Transport CCT/RT Ventilator for RN to Go Transport Service in Downey, CA since 2013 in addition to currently working at New Orange Hills in Tustin, CA since 2014 assisting in ventilator patient care and also offering respiratory rehabilitation and at Tustin Rehab/Health South in Tustin, CA since 2012. He is moreover the Owner and Founder of CPR 4 Living Life in the Inland Empire, CA and is an AHA BLS, ACLS, and PALS instructor at RCPALS in Anaheim, CA since 2011. He has numerous experiences in many clinical and medical institutions such as being a CCT and RT only Ventilator transports at Bowers/Pacific Ambulance in Lake Forest, CA and finally a Respiratory Therapist employed at the American Medical Response Ambulance in the cities of Carson and Orange as well as in many Los Angeles Counties, Chapman Medical Center in Orange, CA, and Fountain Valley Hospital in Fountain Valley, CA.
Joining our exceptional PDRE family:
- Julio Alfaro, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Alfaro finished his Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree at the Universidad de El Salvador in El Salvador, San Salvador on 2003. He was a licensed practicing Emergency Medicine Physician for a couple of years in El Salvador, San Salvador.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Dr. Alfaro has about 10 years of experience as a medical and clinical educator teaching anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, healthcare communication, healthcare law and ethics, public health, phlebotomy and hematology, medical office procedure, and Basic Life Support (BLS) and First Aid by the American Heart Association (AHA). He is PDRE’s main Spanish AHA instructor for the Basic Life Support (BLS), Heartsaver CPR, AED use, and First Aid classes, which he teaches with the goal of creating a positive learning environment. Currently, he is also an online faculty for IntelliTec Colleges: Technical Trade Schools in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Aaron Smith, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Aaron Smith graduated from Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) on June 2013. He then completed an Internal Medicine (IM) Residency at Nassau University Medical Center in Long Island, NY on 2016 and has been practicing as a Hospitalist ever since.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: Once he completed his licensure and board certification in Internal Medicine (American Board of Internal Medicine, ABIM), Dr. Smith became a Hospitalist for CEP America and now works in the underserved areas of Northern California, including the Central and San Joaquin Valleys. He has worked for and practiced at Adventist Health and Dignity Health in Northern California among some of the community and private hospital systems he has been privileged and affiliated with. His interests are in critical care medicine, critical care ultra sound, airway management, academic medicine, and especially cosmetics and facial esthetics. Dr. Smith is the President of Palm Desert Resuscitation Education LLC (PDRE), the Medical Director of Replenish 360 A Division of PDRE LLC (R360), as well as Allure, A Medically Directed Spa’s Co-Founder, Principal Owner, and Medical Director. He is a proud member of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE). In addition, since he also enjoys admitting and treating patients in the emergency department, critical care units, and working with acutely ill patients, he enjoys high-quality critical care teaching as part-time American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS instructor at PDRE. Moreover, he has extended his passion for teaching medicine by creating PDRE’s affiliate HighYieldReview for ABIM and Physician Board Review Courses which includes MEDucation; Blogs; High Yield Review in Pulmonary and Critical Care, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, Neurology, Rheumatology, Hematology/Oncology, and Infectious Disease; and the Art of Medicine, Medicine Origins, History, and Lore.
- Harsharandeep “Harry” S. Sanghera, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Harry Sanghera completed his Bachelor of Science Degree in Biotechnology with a minor in Chemistry, emphasis in Business at the California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California from 2005 to 2008. Subsequently, he obtained his Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree from Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherlands Antilles on May 2012. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at New Hanover Regional Medical Center/Internal Medicine Residency in Wilmington, NC.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: He wants to provide excellent care in internal medicine using a thirst for knowledge, efficiency, and dedication. He is currently a Hospitalist at Pomona Valley Hospital in Southern California close to where he grew up and will be a part-time American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS and PALS instructor at PDRE.
- Justin Underwood, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Justin Underwood received a Bachelors of Business Administration from National University in the spring of 2001. He eventually went to medical school at All Saints University School of Medicine in Dominica and received his Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree in the fall of 2013. He is also continuing his medical education with a Masters of Science Clinical Research Administration at Walden University.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: He is a Marine veteran and has an interest in all sciences but the life sciences took hold of him at a young age. He has been an American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor for at least 3 years now and teaches all disciplines from Basic Life Support (BLS) and First Aid to Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). If he is not teaching you will find him either at the beach watching his kids surf or following their sports, which normally always revolve around water.
- Sunita Patil, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Sunita Patil graduated from Karnataka Institute of Medical Science in Hubli, India and then completed medical residency in Anesthesiology. She has completed all of her United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLEs) and is certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS: She practiced for 3 years as a licensed attending in Anesthesiology in Hubli, India at the same hospital institution where she completed her medical residency. She is passionate about teaching and loves to paint, cook, travel, and listen to Indian music.
- Nicolas Milligan, MDEDUCATION: Dr. Nicolas Milligan has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology from the University of California, Davis. He then attended St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, MS from 2006 to 2009.
WORK HIGHLIGHTS: He is interested in primary care medicine and developing community outreach programs that address medical care shortages. This has been his focus since graduating from medical school. He is also interested in research, bioinformatics, electronic health record development and training, and teaching.