PALS for Healthcare Providers
PALS for Healthcare Providers
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is a classroom, video-based, Instructor-led course that uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics.
The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. These include personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills’
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- 1 and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- Vascular access
- PALS Provider Manual
- PALS Emergency Crash Cart Cards
- PALS Pocket Reference Card
- PALS Provider Manual with Pocket Reference Card
- Instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout
- Full course:
- 14 hours 10 minutes, plus additional time for breaks and lunch.
- Update course, with all optional stations:
- 8 hours 20 minutes, plus additional time for breaks and lunch.
- Update without optional stations:
- 6 hours 20 minutes, plus additional time for breaks and lunch.
- Course time based on 1 instructor
- An unexpired and valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Card
- We do not accept non-AHA provider cards
- Please sign up for PDRE’s accredited BLS for Healthcare Providers course and receive the most globally recognized AHA provider card
- Knowledge and recognition of basic ECG heart rhythms
- A student must be able to identify basic ECG heart rhythms before the start of the course
- Please sign up for PDRE’s BART (Basic Arrhythmia Recognition and Treatment) course and learn basic ECG heart rhythms
- PALS Provider Manual
- A current PALS Provider Manual is required to attend the course
- Purchase the book from PDRE for $50 during online class enrollment or before the start of the course at our facility
- Please bring your book if you own the most up-to-date version
- Initial (first-time) Providers: $280 + $50 (PALS Provider Manual)
- Renewing Providers: $200 + $50 (PALS Provider Manual)
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course, including the following components, will receive a PALS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years:
- Actively participate in, practice and complete all learning stations
- Complete the closed-book written exam with a minimum score of 84%
- Pass the 1- and 2-Rescuer Child BLS With AED and 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS Skills Tests
- Pass 2 PALS core case scenarios (1 cardiac and 1 respiratory or shock) as a team leader, providing appropriate medical treatment and demonstrating effective team dynamics
- PALS Provider Course (initial/full course)
- This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 14.50 Advanced CEHs, activity number 14-AMHA-F2-0239.
- PALS Update Course
- This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 14.50 Advanced CEHs, activity number 14-AMHA-F2-0230.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Register early because classroom-based courses fill-up quickly
- Enrollment is limited
- Course scheduling is subject to change without notice
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
Our AHA ACLS instructor, Dr. Nuqui, was very knowledgeable, experienced, supportive, and entertaining. Most of all, I really appreciated how well organized and engaging the initial provider course was conducted in a pleasant and comfortable learning environment. Not only was the training site facility brand-new but everything from the student materials, training AEDs, intubation equipment and manikins were up-to-date and in excellent condition.
I was very impressed with how professional and enjoyable my ACLS and PALS renewal classes were at Palm Desert Resuscitation Education! As an emergency medicine registered nurse working at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, I wanted to be educated with the most commonly seen cardiac arrhythmias and their treatment but also needed classes that were attention grabbing and fun. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education instructors definitely kept my attention during the lengthy courses by having a balanced sense of humor, pertinent and brilliant instructions, and excellent case scenario discussions.
I highly recommend this training facility as your go-to CPR certification site for your healthcare job because Dr. Nuqui is not only passionate about saving lives but is awesome when it comes to teaching you the proper techniques of resuscitation including compressions, airway management, and defibrillator use. He shares his medical and teaching experiences while making you feel relaxed, stimulated, and well informed with the current AHA guidelines. He taught me exactly what I needed to know to be ready when cardiac arrest happens.
During my Basic Life Support (BLS) class, I was given all of the necessary skills to be confident and not be afraid if ever one of my patients or family members collapses due to a heart condition, such as a heart attack. PDRE’s instructors and staff provide a very friendly, informative, humorous, interesting, and stress-free class that makes me want to personally refer all of my friends and family to do their CPR training at PDRE. Do not hesitate to try the best American Heart Association courses in the Desert Cities!
As an elementary teacher who needed to be responsible for many students, I wanted to learn first aid basics and CPR in case I encounter a time when one of my students may either be choking, bleeding, seizes, faints, breaks a bone, sprains a muscle, becomes allergic, passes out, and experiences other first aid emergencies. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education’s first aid basics and CPR classroom course, which were held in our elementary school, was the perfect out-of-site learning setting to practice first aid basics and CPR for medical and injury emergencies. All of the staff and school employees are truly thankful and now self-assured to be able to provide possible practical first aid basics and CPR to our students, associates, friends or relatives. From my experience, Palm Desert Resuscitation Education quite honestly has the greatest, most efficient and personable instructors teaching top-of-the-line healthcare certification courses.
Dr. Nuqui and his staff were truly amazing when I needed my BLS certification for my personal training business. He was very efficient and thorough with all of the course content and materials including the new guideline changes so that we are all up-to-date when it comes to performing effective CPR and step-by-step use of an AED. It was very easy to listen to him because he is not only a great instructor but is outgoing and personable. He really made the class enjoyable and easy to understand. I would definitely go back here for my BLS recertification.
Being a member of an exclusive golf club in the Palm Springs area, I was surprised by how much I learned in adult CPR and AED use, first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, and environmental emergencies during an exciting and educational course held by Dr. Nuqui and other instructors in our private Club House. You never know when someone needs help, especially when we are out in the golf course, and those minutes before the first responders get to our location can be vital. Thus, those important medical techniques that Dr. Nuqui presented to us clearly could possibly save one of our participant’s lives. I now feel very comfortable that our golf club members were trained the proper way and can respond to almost any medical emergency.
SPRING & SUMMER SPECIAL!
- “Buy TWO advance courses (ACLS and PALS) for $199 each or buy THREE core courses for $349 (applies to all AHA and AAP NRP online and classroom courses)”
- The special offer includes the materials needed for the courses including the AHA eCard course certificate of completion.
- The special offer does not include the provider manuals for the respective courses.
- It is a limited time only from September to December 2016.
- Rules and regulations of this special offer are subject to change without prior notice.
- Only applies to PDRE LLC customers and cannot be combined with any other coupons or discounts.
PDRE Pricing And Purchasing Options
Authorized American Heart Association training site
Check out our full listing of classroom-based and online courses as well as other services and products that PDRE offers. Find full details and purchase options. We thank you for selecting PDRE as your preferred authorized AHA training site in Southern California.