Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens
Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens
Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogen (Online) teaches students how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
How It Works: Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
This course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
- Interactive questions and video segments
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Downloadable Participation Certificate is available
- Can start, stop and return to online modules as needed
- Provides an alternative to classroom-based course
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- 2015 Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Student Workbook
- eLearning (online lessons)
- Present your expired American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Provider Card to be considered a renewing provider and pay a reduced price for the course
- We do not accept non-AHA provider cards
- Please sign up for PDRE’s accredited Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens for Healthcare Providers course and receive the most globally recognized AHA provider card
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Provider Manual
- A current 2015 Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Provider Manual is required to attend the course
- Purchase the 2015 book from PDRE for $20 during online class enrollment or before the start of the course at our facility
- Please bring your book if you own the most up-to-date version
- Initial (first-time) Providers: $45 + $20 (2015 Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Provider Manual)
- Renewing Providers: $40 + $20 (2015 First Aid CPR AED Provider Manual)
- Students can access downloadable Participation Certificate upon course completion.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Once the course fee has been received, our staff will give the student a 80-1501 Heartsaver Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online Part 1 Course Key Code through email, phone, or at the facility to be used for online access to activate the course.
- Codes will be emailed as soon as possible or within 48 hours of orders placed between 7:30am to 5:30pm PST Monday through Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5:00 pm PST, then the key code may be emailed Monday morning.
- Upon receipt of your access key code, activate and complete the course online at www.onlineaha.org print out your online course completion certificate, and call our PDRE office to schedule your skills tests.
- Please bring a copy of your course completion certificate to our PDRE facility.
- Once you have successfully completed your skills testing, you will receive an American Heart Association (AHA) Provider Card that same day or it will be mailed to you as soon as possible.
- PDRE offers some desktop and laptop computer access for the course. Limited seating(s) apply.
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
Our AHA ACLS instructor, Dr. Nuqui, was very knowledgeable, experienced, supportive, and entertaining. Most of all, I really appreciated how well organized and engaging the initial provider course was conducted in a pleasant and comfortable learning environment. Not only was the training site facility brand-new but everything from the student materials, training AEDs, intubation equipment and manikins were up-to-date and in excellent condition.
I was very impressed with how professional and enjoyable my ACLS and PALS renewal classes were at Palm Desert Resuscitation Education! As an emergency medicine registered nurse working at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, I wanted to be educated with the most commonly seen cardiac arrhythmias and their treatment but also needed classes that were attention grabbing and fun. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education instructors definitely kept my attention during the lengthy courses by having a balanced sense of humor, pertinent and brilliant instructions, and excellent case scenario discussions.
I highly recommend this training facility as your go-to CPR certification site for your healthcare job because Dr. Nuqui is not only passionate about saving lives but is awesome when it comes to teaching you the proper techniques of resuscitation including compressions, airway management, and defibrillator use. He shares his medical and teaching experiences while making you feel relaxed, stimulated, and well informed with the current AHA guidelines. He taught me exactly what I needed to know to be ready when cardiac arrest happens.
During my Basic Life Support (BLS) class, I was given all of the necessary skills to be confident and not be afraid if ever one of my patients or family members collapses due to a heart condition, such as a heart attack. PDRE’s instructors and staff provide a very friendly, informative, humorous, interesting, and stress-free class that makes me want to personally refer all of my friends and family to do their CPR training at PDRE. Do not hesitate to try the best American Heart Association courses in the Desert Cities!
As an elementary teacher who needed to be responsible for many students, I wanted to learn first aid basics and CPR in case I encounter a time when one of my students may either be choking, bleeding, seizes, faints, breaks a bone, sprains a muscle, becomes allergic, passes out, and experiences other first aid emergencies. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education’s first aid basics and CPR classroom course, which were held in our elementary school, was the perfect out-of-site learning setting to practice first aid basics and CPR for medical and injury emergencies. All of the staff and school employees are truly thankful and now self-assured to be able to provide possible practical first aid basics and CPR to our students, associates, friends or relatives. From my experience, Palm Desert Resuscitation Education quite honestly has the greatest, most efficient and personable instructors teaching top-of-the-line healthcare certification courses.
Dr. Nuqui and his staff were truly amazing when I needed my BLS certification for my personal training business. He was very efficient and thorough with all of the course content and materials including the new guideline changes so that we are all up-to-date when it comes to performing effective CPR and step-by-step use of an AED. It was very easy to listen to him because he is not only a great instructor but is outgoing and personable. He really made the class enjoyable and easy to understand. I would definitely go back here for my BLS recertification.
Being a member of an exclusive golf club in the Palm Springs area, I was surprised by how much I learned in adult CPR and AED use, first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, and environmental emergencies during an exciting and educational course held by Dr. Nuqui and other instructors in our private Club House. You never know when someone needs help, especially when we are out in the golf course, and those minutes before the first responders get to our location can be vital. Thus, those important medical techniques that Dr. Nuqui presented to us clearly could possibly save one of our participant’s lives. I now feel very comfortable that our golf club members were trained the proper way and can respond to almost any medical emergency.
SPRING & SUMMER SPECIAL!
- “Buy TWO advance courses (ACLS and PALS) for $199 each or buy THREE core courses for $349 (applies to all AHA and AAP NRP online and classroom courses)”
- The special offer includes the materials needed for the courses including the AHA eCard course certificate of completion.
- The special offer does not include the provider manuals for the respective courses.
- It is a limited time only from September to December 2016.
- Rules and regulations of this special offer are subject to change without prior notice.
- Only applies to PDRE LLC customers and cannot be combined with any other coupons or discounts.
PDRE Pricing And Purchasing Options
Authorized American Heart Association training site
Check out our full listing of classroom-based and online courses as well as other services and products that PDRE offers. Find full details and purchase options. We thank you for selecting PDRE as your preferred authorized AHA training site in Southern California.